Wednesday, 10 January 2018

Canadian Values

Canadian Values 



To be Canadian is a wonderful thing, we have values that not many other countries have. For example according to Allison Doyle’s article in 2017 Canada in ranked 10th in the world for best countries to work in. This being because of an average income of $47843 and an unemployment rate of 6.8%. In Canada we have a great education system, In fact the number one education system in the world, this being because since age five we have free education in primary and secondary school. Another good thing about Canada is our free health care. Canada has the second best most well developed public health care system in the world. Considering all this Canada is ranked second in the best countries to live in, in 2017.










Sports In Canada 




I am very appreciated not only because of our employment, education, and health care but because of our sports in Canada.

With me being a Canadian born kid who loves sports, I have grew up playing many sports and cheering for my favourite teams. Growing up I have played Basketball which was created by Canadian Dr, James Naismith. Lacrosse which is the summer national sport of Canada invented by indigenous Canadians. Hockey which of course is our national winter sport, Canada Has a total of 41 gold medals, Over the year Canada has had a lot of talent in hockey. A few of them are Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Sidney Crosby, and most recently Connor McDavid. I played soccer which is the most popular sport in the world and now one of the most popular sports among Canadian children. Most important a sport that I feel like not a lot of Canadian kids are getting exposed to is golf. Golf in Canada is fairly new but has produced some amazing talent including the 2003 masters winner Mike Weir, Adam Hadwin, Graham DeLaet, David Hearn, Brooke Henderson, and many more.  That is why I am proud to be Canadian

















Works Cited

The Balance. www.thebalance.com/best-countries-to-work-in-4134402. Accessed 11
     Jan. 2018. 

Canada. www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/sport-canada.html. Accessed
     11 Jan. 2018. 

Google. images.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl. Accessed 11 Jan. 2018. 

US News. www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/best-education. Accessed 11 Jan.
     2018.













4 comments:

  1. Hey Pat,I fully agree with you and the points you made in your blog.I really enjoyed reading it.I am most proud of seeing the u12 Storm team make an appearance in the end, we were definitely considered one of the greatest teams of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick Burke this blog was full of new information for me. I did not know that Canada had the best education system in the world or that we were the second best country to live in. Some points I think you could work on would be not listing all the facts at once I feel like if you elaborated on these points then your blog would go to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pat, this was a good article to read I agree that Canada is one of the best places to live. Our education is amazing, and it shows in most students. i'm also so proud of our sports we have done so well in the Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Pat,I think connecting Canada to sports is a great way to show how much Canadians care about children's health. Because sports are becoming so popular with younger kids, Canada is able to provide benefits to underprivileged kids through organizations and company's much like how Tim Horton's donates to kids camps and sports teams.

    ReplyDelete