When I was younger my grandma would always try to tell me about my ancestry, but being the inpatient little kid I was I didn't listen much. As I got older I got more curious about where I come from. I asked my grandma if she would go over my family tree with me. She proceeded to track back from me all the way to when my ancestors came to Canada. My grandfather’s grandfather immigrated from England in 1910 and later married to his grandma they later gave birth to his mom ,my great grandmother, in 1928. I have no information due to the fact that he was never in the picture for my grandfather. My grandmothers grandparents met in an army tent during WW1 he was injured and she was a nurse (legit that actually happened). They later immigrated to Canada in 1919 in their early thirties. They had kids late due to the war. They gave birth to my great grandfather in 1922. My great great grandmother’s parents immigrated to canada in the mid 1800s as irish and english immigrants and and two generations later my great grandmother was born. My grandmother’s parents got married and stayed together until my great grandfather, a man of English and Scottish descent, died of cancer at the age of 34 when my grandma was only a little girl, her mother, a woman of Irish, Scottish, and English descent, never remarried and raised two daughters alone. My grandpa’s mother got married at 17 and gave birth to him at 19 shortly after his birth my grandpa’s biological father left and my great grandma married the man my grandpa thought was his father until he was nearly 20.
So from that you should now know I am English, Scottish, and Irish (little bit of dutch on the other side). Yet all in all i am a canadian. Unfortunately as generations passed we don't keep any traditions of the countries we immigrated from.
No comments:
Post a Comment