Friday, 8 December 2017

Ancestry




My family heritage has shaped who I am in my personality, and beliefs. Both sides of my family have helped me find who I am.


Image result for french canadian nativesImage result for england

On both sides of the family the Grandmothers are both French Canadian from northern Ontario, and the Grandfathers are both from England. My Grandpa, who grew up in England ended up carrying the Queen’s crown when a huge festival was happening. After the festival my Grandpa ended up being good friends with the Queen, and stays in touch with her till this day. My Grandpa moved to Canada at 17 years old with a friend, and started their own business as welders while on my Nana’s side my grand Pepere (Great Grandfather) was lumberjacks for his whole life and loves it so much.

Another crazy thing about my background is that my Great Grandparents had 13 kids, and on the other side they had 10. My Great Grandma was a wealthy women with royalty in her blood, but later on left all that behind to marry my Great Grandfather. She had to move away from her family because what she did was seen as a disgrace to the family and was not tolerated.  

There is actually a book because of all the crazy and interesting facts that are within my ancestry

My parents also have the same last name, and have never been married. They got tests done to see if they were anyway related to one another, but ended up with no connections.

My great grandpa fought in the war since he was 18 years old died when he was 64, and also suffered from loss of hearing because of the war.


Works Cited
Interview. By Leslie Burgess. 28 Nov. 2017.

6 comments:

  1. When I was younger I thought it was impossible to know someone with the same last name as you, but my family has known 2 families where both spouses have the same last name! I can now add this interesting find to my list of cool families.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Abby De Brouwer9 December 2017 at 11:53
    I found your blog very interesting. It's really cool that your Grandpa has connections to the queen. Has he been back to England sense he left? I also like the story of your Great-grandparents and how they left everything behind to be together. My Grandparents also came over from Europe as I'm sure many people's have. I wish my ancestry had a book with all its information because there is a lot that I don't know. Overall I really liked your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having a grandfather that is friends with the queen is amazing. As you mentioned above that both of your grandmothers are French Canadians, are you fluent in French? My great grandfather moved to an island, Mauritius to start a business and find a better life. I asked Jadyn the same question, do you ever think that you would ever go to England to visit your family? Having a book that has information about your ancestry is amazing because I would love to have a book of mine so I can learn more. Your blog was interesting and I hope you discover more about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jess, I really enjoyed reading this and swell as many others find it interesting that your grandpa was close with the queen. My grandpa also has met the queen as he spent the day with her here in Canada. My family still has pictures of my grandpa and the queen walking and talking together! My grandpa also was in the war but recently passed away about 2 years ago. Another quick thing, was there a language barrier between you and your grandma?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay Jess, it's pretty neat the your grandpa knows the queen. I also have royal blood, my great great great great grandparents were lord and lady in a Scotland at one point.

    ReplyDelete