Tuesday, 31 October 2017

Family Reunion

Fournier Family Reunion

Fournier, Mary. Family Reunion Photo. 2014
Every year we have a reunion of the Fournier's and extended family. This reunion was started by my mom’s uncle in 1974. It started in his backyard, every august the Fournier family came and they would have a big party with all the cousins. This continued in my mom’s uncle’s backyard for 13 years until he sadly passed away. My mom’s aunt still hosted with lots of help from some of the cousins but after a while, she had to move so the party could no longer go on. But then some of the cousins stepped up and said they could be the new hosts of the reunion so the Fournier Party could live on.


Every year, we drive down to Windsor to go to this family party. We do a lot of fun things that everyone participates in. Everyone brings some different food for everyone to have as a buffet dinner, but we always roast a pig. We also have egg throw, horseshoe tournament, Volleyball games in the pool, and a big frisbee game.

Fournier, Mary. Family Reunion Photo. 2011
It is important that we keep this Reunion going because it really keeps the family close because honestly, how many people can say they know, like really know their 6th cousins. One year, the recent hosts of the party could not host that year as there was some sickness, so my family stepped up and we hosted the family party at our cottage. Although it was a bit different as it was in Muskoka and not in Windsor, we still made the most of the time because we were spending time with our family. I hope to keep this Fournier Party going on so I can expose my future family to the loving and close family.

---. Interview. 29 Oct. 2017.

2 comments:

  1. My family also has a big get together too. I feel like if the get together did not happen than my family would not be as close as we are now. I have many cousins too, but I do not know all of them because some live in England or up north.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally my family does not have a family get to get her every year since my famiily is spread out all over Canada but I can honestly say that I wish we did because it would bring my whole family closer together since we do not see each other since the distance is so large.

    ReplyDelete